(Location – Preferably Mid Atlantic/South Florida/DC Area or Remote WFH )
Orbit Communications (USA) is looking for a highly motivated, technically accomplished sales engineer with a background in aviation and satellite communications. We are looking for a candidate that will lend their technical and business experience to help sell complex satellite communications solutions to both commercial and government customers.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading requirements, architecture, design, and implementation discussions with customers and partners. This is an exciting position with one of the world’s leading providers of satellite terminals and aeronautical solutions. We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for the business as well as a desire to have a meaningful impact in our target sectors and help us grow our game-changing position in those markets.
This role requires both technical and sales skills to be able to understand customer needs and requirements in order to assist in the qualification of sales opportunities. The purpose of this position is to be a trusted advisor to the customers and prospects who are interested in leveraging Orbit’s market-leading products and solutions. The position also supports our existing customer base ensuring their satisfaction on an on-going basis.
- Partner closely with the solutions engineering and sales teams as a technical customer advisor, “guru” and advocate for Orbit’s products while helping improve the conversion rate from qualified opportunities to help close deals.
- Build deep expertise in Orbit products and services and apply this knowledge to solve customer challenges.
- Participate in planning, pipeline, and quarterly business reviews.
- Earn the trust of customers by demonstrating technical and business acumen and empathizing with their business challenges.
- Develop and help deliver engaging presentations and demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team to both business and technical partners as well as end-users.
- Help respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs. Assist in proposal writing and documenting solutions approaches to customer problems.
- Meet with and present to prospects, customers, and partners at customer sites, trade shows, conferences, and webinars.
- Work with customers and sales team stakeholders to design and align solutions to customer use cases, integration challenges, data reporting, and more.
- Help us to identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction and repeat business, then communicate those issues and possible solutions to upper management
Candidates must have a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with the vision for how to articulate the value proposition of our solutions. Strong communication and writing skills are an absolute must. Candidates must also be self-motivated and self-managing of their workload, deliverables and deadlines and be experienced in encouraging others to do the same.
- At least 3-5+ years of experience successfully supporting technical product sales, channel partners and end-users in commercial and/or government aviation environments
- Previous experience in a pre- or post-sales technical customer-facing position working with aviation enterprise and government customers.
- Expertise in satellite communications, including antennas, link budgets, architectures, etc.
- Familiarity with LEO/GEO/MEO and wireless mobility solutions approaches and architectures in the context of the aeronautical industry
- Familiarity FAA/EASA and OEM certification processes and frameworks.
- BA or BS degree, or comparable work experience, in engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30% – 60% (domestic and international)
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intellectually curious, great problem-solving skills. A very collaborative disposition, and the ability to work with multiple regionally dispersed stakeholders in contexts varying from pre-sales to post-sales, customer support, and more.
- Experience working with/presenting to executive-level prospects and customers.
- Creativity in approaching sales and building customer relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience working in an international multi-cultural environment across time-zones and geographies
- Military service a plus
Orbit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Orbit Communication Systems Inc. is a leading global provider of airborne communications and satellite-tracking maritime and ground-station solutions, is helping to expand and redefine how we connect. You’ll find Orbit systems on airliners and jet fighters, cruise ships and navy vessels, ground stations and offshore platforms. We deliver innovative, cost-effective and highly reliable solutions to commercial operators, major air forces and navies, space agencies and emerging New Space companies.
Please send your CV to: Tuomo.Rutanen@orbit-cs-usa.com