Sales Manager – Airborne Communication Management/Audio Management Systems. (Location – Preferably Mid Atlantic/South Florida or Remote WFH )
Orbit Communications (USA) is looking for a highly motivated, technically accomplished Sales Manager with a background in Airborne Communication Management/Audio Management Systems Systems (CMS/AMS). Satellite and IP communications experience is a plus. We are looking for a candidate that will lend their technical and business experience to help sell complex CMS/AMS solutions to DoD prime contractors, System Integrators, and government customers. The role involves developing long-term relationships with our end-customers, partners and OEMs and managing the business over multi-year contracts.
With support from our technical teams, our ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success in leading sales campaigns as well as supporting requirements, architecture, design, and implementation discussions with customers and partners. This is an exciting position with one of the world’s leading providers of Communication Management/Audio Management Systems Systems and satellite terminal solutions.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for working with customers to help in defining and refining their requirements as well as a desire to have a meaningful impact in our target sectors and help us grow our game-changing position in those markets.
This role requires technical and sales skills (strong listening, writing, and verbal skills) to be able to understand customer needs and requirements in order to assist in the qualification of sales opportunities. The purpose of this position is to be a trusted advisor to the customers and prospects who are interested in leveraging Orbit’s market-leading products and solutions. The position also supports our existing customer base ensuring their satisfaction on an on-going basis.
- Partner closely with the solutions engineering and sales teams as a customer liaison and advisor and advocate for Orbit’s products while helping improve the conversion rate from qualified opportunities to closed deals
- Build deep expertise in Orbit products and services and apply this knowledge to solve customer challenges
- Participate in planning, pipeline, and quarterly business reviews
- Provide direct support to the Director; Airborne Avionics in the pursuit and capture of new opportunities
- Earn the trust of customers by demonstrating technical and business acumen and empathizing with their business challenges
- Develop and help deliver engaging presentations and demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team to both business and technical partners as well as end-users
- Help respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs. Lead or assist in proposal writing and documenting solutions approaches to customer problems
- Meet with and present to prospects, customers, and partners at customer sites, trade shows, conferences, and webinars
- Work with customers and sales team stakeholders to design and align solutions to customer use cases, integration challenges, data reporting, and more
- Help us to identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction and repeat business and communicate those issues and possible solutions to management and the team
Candidates must have a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with the vision for how to articulate the value proposition of our CMS/AMS and IP solutions. Strong communication and writing skills are an absolute must. Candidates must also be self-motivated and self-managing of their workload and deliverable and deadlines and be experienced in encouraging others to do the same.
- At least 5-10+ years of experience successfully supporting or leading technical product sales, working with channel partners and end-users in both commercial and government environments
- Understanding of mission aircraft communication networks
- Working knowledge of the benefits and tradeoffs between centralized and distributed architectures
- Familiarity with DoD/Military airborne CONOPS related to communications, data links, and sensor employment
- Expertise in avionics and cockpit communications, architectures, etc.
- Fluency in IP networking approaches
- BA or BS degree, or comparable work experience, in engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 20% – 40% (domestic and international)
- An understanding of the challenges related to security, compliance, and governance for government and commercial customers
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Strong working knowledge with IBM DOORS
- Intellectually curious, great problem-solving skills. A very collaborative disposition, and the ability to work with multiple regionally dispersed stakeholders in contexts varying from pre-sales to post-sales, customer support, and more.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive-level prospects and customers.
- Creativity in approaching sales and building customer relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience working in an international multi-cultural environment across time-zones and geographies
- Military service a plus
- US Citizenship required due to US Government contractual requirements
Orbit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Orbit Communication Systems Ltd. (TASE: ORBI), a leading global provider of airborne communications and satellite-tracking maritime and ground-station solutions, is helping to expand and redefine how we connect. You’ll find Orbit systems on airliners and jet fighters, cruise ships and navy vessels, ground stations, and offshore platforms. We deliver innovative, cost-effective, and highly reliable solutions to commercial operators, major air forces and navies, space agencies, and emerging New Space companies.
Please email a Word version of your resume to HR@Orbit-cs-usa.com